[Glass] Mixing Unicode and String instances in Indexes [WAS] Re: Further commits have been disabled for this session because: 'CorruptObj error'. This session must logout.

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Nov 21 12:00:00 PST 2016

> On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Dale Henrichs
> <dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
> <mailto:dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com>> wrote:
>
>     Mariano,
>
>     Issue #45812 mainly had to do with the fact that the Transaction
>     error did not provide enough information to really debug the root
>     cause ... Before the fix the error message would have been:
>
>       a IndexingErrorPreventingCommit occurred (error 2726), errors
>     during index maintenance; commit will be disallowed
>
>     After the fix, you get better information reporting that there is
>     a missing unicode collator for the index (which you are getting
>     now) --- the solution to this problem is to rebuild the affected
>     index and IIRC when you originally reported this bug, you ended up
>     rebuilding the index ... the rebuild of indexes is required for
>     upgrades from 3.1.x to 3.2.x or 3.1.x to 3.3.x --- the
>     upgradeStone script should be performing these upgrades automatically.
>

> Thanks for the explanation.
>
>     The upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3 does not require any rebuilding of
>     indexes (the upgradeSTone script does resort SortedCollections),
>     so I am wondering if this problem is present in the pre-upgraded
>     extent (3.2.x) and went undetected until now ...
>

> OK, and how can I check if this problem was already present in the
> pre-upgraded extent (3.2.x) ? Should I try rebuilding the index there?
I would think that you should get an error in 3.2 about a missing
collator (or mysterious Transaction error) when updating and/or
accessing the index ...

It would be useful for me to see the full stack from the 3.3 Transaction
error (or at least more context about what was actually going on when
the error occurred) ... it is likely that the transaction error was
triggered by an earlier error ... and whatever operation you were doing
in 3.3 should trigger a similar problem in 3.2, since collator's are
required in 3.2 as well ...