[Glass] GemStone compiler errors

lautarox via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Nov 23 05:01:58 PST 2016

Hi everyone, I've just registered here, I'm learning Object Orienting
Programming in the University of Buenos Aires and we are playing a bit with
GemStone and Pharo (we are developing in Pharo and deploying in GemStone).
The work that I'm doing involves the use of the compiler. As we knew, the
Pharo compiler is not the same as the GemStone one (and some other things
that we are working to get them going), and we are getting errors that we
are not really sure why they happen or where to look for a reference of
what's going on.
We are compiling methods like this:
('methodName', String cr, '^1')  _compileInContext: nil symbolList:
(GsCurrentSession currentSession symbolList)
And we are getting an "unexpected token" CompileError 1001.
I would love to have some insight on how the GemStone compiler works, is
there any documentation you would recommend?

Thanks in advance