[Glass] Clean possible unused indexes structures?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Aug 15 10:24:45 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Dale Henrichs via Glass <

> You can get the list of all collections with nscs by executing the
> following:
>
>   IndexManager current getAllNscRoots
>
> Then you can send #removeAllIndexes to each of the collections that should
> not be indexed ... the process of removing all indexes will remove the
> collection from IndexManager so that the index structures and the
> collection itself can be gc'ed ...

Thanks Dale for the pointer. Code is running... I will know soon enough if
it worked or not.

After having this issue, I was also reading IndexManager class comment:

*" Automatic garbage collection of unreferenced UnorderedCollections is
_not_ preformed, so*
* one must explicitly remove all indexes from an UnorderedCollection that
is no longer used.*
*"*

So...my obvious question is...why not storing the indexes directly into the
collection? (I won't ask if you thought about it because you obviously did,
so there must be reasons)  That would solve GC issue.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,