[Glass] How can I use BtreePlus with optimizedComparisons on identity indexes?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Dec 8 13:20:47 PST 2017

On 12/8/17 9:59 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I carefully read the manual but I still don't understand how can I use
> the new  BtreePlus with optimizedComparisons  for identity indexes.
> All the examples and documentation talks about equality indexes and
> rely on lastElementClass... which are not required for identity indexes.
If this is an upgraded db,then you must explicitly create an index with
optimizedComparisons set:

   | nsc |
   nsc := Bag new.
   GsIndexSpec new
     identityIndex: 'value' options: GsIndexOptions btreePlusIndex +
GsIndexOptions optimizedComparison;
     createIndexesOn: nsc.
   nsc

> I tried re-creating the indexes as I was doing before, but I am still
> getting the legacy ones.
When you upgrade, optimizedComparison is not made a default index option
... I thought there should be instructions in the release notes for
changing the default index option ... although when you first start
exploring the new indexes you should leave the default index options
alone and simply create indexes explicitly setting the index options you
want ...