[Glass] Problem starting stone "reason = File is on NFS, $GEMSTONE_DATADIR/extent0.dbf"

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Dec 14 04:47:17 PST 2017

Hi guys,

It's a while since I do not try to start local stones in my OSX box. I am
trying to start a 3.3.3 stone now and I am getting this error (I am using
latest GsDevKit_home):

--- 12/14/17 09:35:55 -03 ---
    GemStone is unable to open the file $GEMSTONE_DATADIR/extent0.dbf
       reason = File is on NFS, $GEMSTONE_DATADIR/extent0.dbf

    An error occurred opening the repository for exclusive access.

    Stone startup has failed.

Checking the extent, I cannot see anything obviosuly wrong:

❯ ls -la $GEMSTONE_DATADIR/extent0.dbf

                  -rw-r--r-- 1 mariano staff 150994944 Feb  2  2017
/opt/gemstoneAdditions/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/quuveTesting333/extents/extent0.dbf

And of course, this is not a NFS file system:

 ❯ sudo mount

/dev/disk1s1 on / (apfs, local, journaled)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local, nobrowse)
/dev/disk1s4 on /private/var/vm (apfs, local, noexec, journaled, noatime,
nobrowse)
map -hosts on /net (autofs, nosuid, automounted, nobrowse)
map auto_home on /home (autofs, automounted, nobrowse)
/dev/disk2s2 on /Volumes/Seagate Backup Plus Drive (hfs, local, nodev,
nosuid, journaled)
com.apple.TimeMachine.2017-12-14-092610@/dev/disk1s1 on
/Volumes/com.apple.TimeMachine.localsnapshots/Backups.backupdb/MacBook
Pro/2017-12-14-092610/Macintosh HD (apfs, local, read-only, journaled,
nobrowse)

I checked my emails and googled it but I found nothing.