[Glass] Can we move locks to inside GsDevKit_home ?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Feb 8 07:14:17 PST 2017

Hi Dale,

When we were working together at home during November we discussed about
putting each stone lock files inside the $GS_HOME/server/stone/xxx
directory. As far as I remember, the conclusion was that the locks
directory had to be a centralized repository for all possible stones.

Honestly, I find it disturbing having to still need /opt/gemstone/locks
while everything is under $GS_HOME. It brings unnecessary sysadmin
complications. So I am wondering if locks folder cannot be inside $GS_HOME.
For example, what about $GS_HOME/server/locks ?

Thanks in advance,