[Glass] Deployment setup

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Jun 5 15:37:28 PDT 2017

On 06/05/2017 02:14 AM, Trussardi Dario Romano via Glass wrote:
> Ciao,
>
> i have development seaside application based on:
>
> Pharo 4.0
>
> Seaside3 3.1.4.2
>
> Magritte3 3.5.0
>
> SIXX 0.4.1 ( to save data and restore it into Gemstone )
>

> Now i need to setup a deployment system based on Gemstone/S.
>

> I'm a bit confused:
>
> What version of Gemstone/S to use ?   3.1.0.6   -   3.2.x   - 3.3.x
All things being equal, I would recommend that you use the latest
version of GemStone avaialable, so today that would be 3.3.5.

> In the past i used GemTools to manage a 3.1.0.6 repository.
>

> I have a Ubuntu 16.04 LTS system with  load one hold ???? GsDevKit_home
>
> I have do the command : seasideCreateStone seaside_31063.1.0.6
Could you tell me some more about where this seasideCreateStone command
came from ... I assume that this command is coming from the
GsDevKit_seaside31 project[1].

Since you are not really sure about what you are doing, I would like you
to follow the instructions here[2] for installing Seaside. These
instructions expect you to have created a stone and then load Seaside
into that stone. So before following the directions create a seaside stone:

   createStone seaside_335 3.3.5

Since you  are not really sure about what you are doing, I would like
you to provide with a little bit more information about the state of
your GsDevKit_home checkout .... I would like to see the output of the
following bash commands:

cd $GS_HOME
git log -1
git remove -v

Don't try to do anything else until you provide me with this
information, I see that you are having trouble loading Grease and Sixx
so I want to be able to set up a test system locally so that I can
reproduce your issues and then give you step by step instructions for
getting things installed ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_seaside31
[2]