[Glass] Automatic compression of tranlogs?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Jun 26 12:17:03 PDT 2017

Hi,

I saw $GEMSTONE/examples/admin/archiveLogs.sh  example and I read the
documentation. But I still haven't found what I would like. I understand
that translog writing must be fast. But I would like to compress each
tranlog once I start a new one.

>From what I can see, the max I can do myself, is to simply run a daily
script that compresses all but current tranlog. And then, another script
that uncompress them all. And then, obviously, for any of my scripts that
do use tranlogs (compactExtent, restoreFromBackup, etc) they should all
uncompress before doing the real task.

Before starting from scratch, has someone already did something similar to
this?

Thanks in advance,