[Glass] How can I get more info about an AlmostOutOfStack?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue May 9 15:18:37 PDT 2017

If you are using tODE a couple of different tricks come to mind ...

The tODE debugger underlines stack frames with the same receiver, so you
could click on a frame the debugger and then scroll down the stack to
see if you can recognize a pattern in the stack with different receivers...

Select the `Window>print window` menu item in the frame list pane of the
debugger, then select the name of a likely method and then use the
`Text>set search string` menu item to get the nice search string
highlighting and then scroll through the text window looking for matches
or use the `Text>find again` menu item to jump to the next occurrence of
the string ...

Select the `Window>inspect client element` menu item in the frame list
pane, scroll down to and select the `theObject` field, then select the
`stackNode` field and then select the `frames` field and you'll be
looking at an ordered collection of tode context objects. Pressing `esc`
while looking at the collection will bring up a ws window whose self is
the collection ... then you could write some smalltalk code scanning the
stack for repeating patterns ...

Dale