[Glass] Is GsDevKit (and more importantly `upgradeStone`) ready for 3.4 ?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Nov 1 09:00:03 PDT 2017

Mariano,

GsDevKit_home should work fine with 3.4, I've done a fair amout of
testing ... bu it wouldn't hurt to use:

   $GS_HOME/bin/updateGsDevKit -gis

to get the latest version of GsDevKit_home and the shared projects
(filetree, glass, Grease, metacello-work, PharoCompatibility, rb, ston,
tode); and rebuild your tode client images -- use `updateGsDevKit -h` to
see the details.

Depending upon when you last updated, an update may not be necessary ---
most of  the requisite changes have been available for at least a couple
of months and some changes have been available for a year as I've been
working on 3.4 for almost a year now --- but like I say it wouldn't hurt
to make sure that you are using the latest versions of all of the
GsDevKit projects via updateGsDevKit.

I do have some new releases in the hopper for GsDevKit_home and tODE. I
expect to release them in the next month or so, but they aren't required
for being able to use GemStone 3.4 ...

If you run into any issues let me know ..

Dale