[Glass] Gemstone/S 3.4.0 - Some problems - where to report ?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Oct 3 05:03:54 PDT 2017

> This is not critical, because it delivered  a three item array under 3.3.6
> (which I did not expected - I thought it makes a string concatenation)
>
> b) Some packages could not be loaded any more:
>
> --transcript--'Fetched -> ConfigurationOfXMLWriter-monty.120 --- http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/XMLWriter/main --- http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/XMLWriter/main'
> --transcript--'Loaded -> ConfigurationOfXMLWriter-monty.120 --- http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/XMLWriter/main --- http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/XMLWriter/main'
> --transcript--'Project: XMLWriterTests stable'
> --transcript--' [2.8.3]'
> --transcript--'Project: OrderPreservingDictionary stable'
> --transcript--' [1.3.7]'
> --transcript--'...RETRY->XML-Writer-Core-monty.73'
> --transcript--'...RETRY->XML-Writer-Core-monty.73'
> --transcript--'...FAILED->XML-Writer-Core-monty.73'
> ERROR 2710 , a MetacelloPackageSpecResolutionError occurred (error 2710), , Could not resolve: XML-Writer-Core [XML-Writer-Core-monty.73] in cache http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/XMLWriter/main (MetacelloPackageSpecResolutionError)
> topaz > exec iferr 1 : where
> ==> 1 MetacelloPackageSpecResolutionError (AbstractException) >> _signalWith: @6 line 25
> 2 MetacelloPackageSpecResolutionError (AbstractException) >> signal @2 line 47
> 3 MetacelloPackageSpecResolutionError >> signal @4 line 5
> 4 MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader (MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader) >> retryingResolvePackageSpecReferences:gofer: @32 line 39

Sometimes that error is simply because some server (smalltalkhub in this
case) was down or timeout or whatever. Try again later.
Also, you can evaluate this:

MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader retryPackageResolution: false.

And try the load again. That may bring you up a debugger with some more
useful information.

Cheers,