[Glass] Stone new version and importing older databases ...

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 4 16:45:34 PDT 2017

Marten,

While not explicitly disallowed, it is not recommended that you do this
... Between any two versions of GemStone it is possible that primitive
changes or private method changes (methods beginning with `_`) have been
made and restoring from an incompatible version will not protect you
from running into unexpected issues ... you should always do a upgrade
when moving between GemStone versions to ensure that you are running
compatible code ...

Dale