[Glass] Cannot execute a leaf node

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Oct 9 15:09:27 PDT 2017

Jupiter,

I think I've finally figured this one out ... after re-reading your
original email for the nth time and rebuilding Seaside31 and Seaside32
for the second or third time, I finally noticed that you mounted
`GsDevKit_home/etc/GsDevKit_seaside31/bin` which is the directory with
bash scripts (no .ston extensions on the files) ... you should have
mounted `GsDevKit_home/etc/GsDevKit_seaside31/tode`which is the
directory with the tode scripts (and files with the .ston extension)...

Dale

On 10/06/2017 06:21 PM, Jupiter Jones wrote:
> Hi Dale,
>
> The name variable is ‘seasideWebServer’ so yes, it doesn’t end in .ston
>
> Inspect TDFileSystemLeafNode>>block @9 line 7/sys/stone/home/seaside/seasideWebServer/
> --------------------
> .                 -> /sys/stone/home/seaside/seasideWebServer
> ..                -> /sys/stone/home/seaside/seasideWebServer
> (class)@          -> TDFileSystemLeafNode
> (oop)@            -> 389728257
> builderAspect@    -> nil
> contents@         -> aDirectoryEntry
> creationTime@     -> nil
> modificationTime@ -> nil
> name@             -> 'seasideWebServer'
> parent@           -> /sys/stone/home/seaside/
> topez@            -> aTDTopezServer
>
> The same script (seasideWebServer) is still working in my previous stone (3.3.3) and I’m pretty sure I mounted the node the same in both stones, so not sure what I did to cause the error.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Cheers,

>> On 5 Oct 2017, at 9:39 am, Dale Henrichs <dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:
>>
>> Jupiter,
>>
>> Here's the source for TDFileSystemLeafNode>>block
>>
>>    block
>>    ^ (self name endsWith: self stonFileExtension)
>>      ifTrue: [
>>        [ self asTDLeafNode block ]
>>          on: STONReaderError
>>          do: [ :ex | super block ] ]
>>      ifFalse: [ super block ].
>>
>> and from the stack you are calling TDLeafNode>>block from TDFileSystemLeafNode>>block. According to `break steps TDFileSystemLeafNode>>block`, step point 9 is the second call, implying that the name does not end with `.ston`, so going to frame 6 and seeing the value of the name instance variable will get us one step closer to figuring out what might be going wrong here ...
>>
>> BTW, I originally thought that the seasideWebServer was intended to be used with 3.2, but I installed 3.2 and was able to run the script and launch a web server, so that is not the issue ..
>>
>>   Dale
>>
>> On 10/2/17 3:25 PM, Jupiter Jones wrote:
>>> Hi Dale,

>>> TodeCommandError: Cannot execute a leaf node
>>> 1. TodeCommandError(AbstractException)>>_signalWith: @6 line 25
>>> 2. TodeCommandError(AbstractException)>>signal: @3 line 7
>>> 3. TodeCommandError class(AbstractException class)>>signal: @3 line 4
>>> 4. TDFileSystemLeafNode(TDNode)>>error: @2 line 2