[Glass] Tode - Installing 3.4.1 beside an existing 3.3.5 installation - todeClient install error

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Feb 14 03:01:27 PST 2018

Reg,

The issue is that in 3.4 we changed the compiler to conform to the ANSI
standard which disallows literal binary selectors to be interpreted as a
symbol in a literal array so #( == )  is no longer accepted and must be
written as #( #== ).

DataStream>>nextPut: was patched in this[1] commit

The commit that you are currently using (9429bf37) dates from April of
2017 and there are a number of bugfixes[2] that have been committed
since then that you should probably be using as well ..

In general it is always a good idea to pick up the the latest version of
the "shared project clones":

        filetree
        glass
        Grease
        metacello-work
        PharoCompatibility
        rb
        ston
        tode

using `updateGsDevKit -s` whenever you upgrade to a new version of
GemStone, so that youcan  pick up the latest platform-specific bugfixes
that might be available. For further info on the updateGsDevKit command
use `updateGsDevKit -h`.

Dale

[1]
https://github.com/glassdb/glass/commit/5668823302d576da64c62e717651492a590b3363