[Glass] Debugging a multiple process system ... ?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Sun Jan 21 08:35:21 PST 2018

Marten,

Did you know that you should be able to open a debugger on a
continuation - it is possible with tODE and GemTools. I think that most
folks find this a reasonable solution.

With tODE you can set remote breakpoints and arrange to have a
continuation snapped off at that point for later debugging.

Back in the very early days, I had a debugger pop up in GemTools from a
remote gem that you were allowed to debug and then proceed from, but it
seems that continuation-based debugging pretty much satisfies the need
to debug remote sessions.

You can arrange for a Seaside-based debugger to come up in the browser
when you hit an error, but I don't think this is the route you are
thinking of.

Dale