[Glass] GRPlatform current secureHashFor: depends on the used String class

Jerry Kott via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Jul 23 11:29:55 PDT 2018

Marten,

this should be true on any platform. The hash is computed on a string of bit octets, IOW, binary values. The default encoding is probably going to be UTF-8, so the binary representation of the two string will be different, and therefore the hash. I don’t see any way around it other than forcing the default encoding to be UTF-16 which I don’t know how Grease handles in GLASS.

Jerry Kott
This message has been digitally signed.
PGP Fingerprint:
A9181736DD2F1B6CC7CF9E51AC8514F48C0979A5