[Glass] GRPlatform current secureHashFor: depends on the used String class

Richard Sargent via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Jul 24 14:15:46 PDT 2018

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 1:33 PM, Marten Feldtmann <m at feldtmann.online>
wrote:

> Yes, but this should be made *very* clear in the documentation ...

I agree. In retrospect, it isn't surprising. It also is unlikely to be
changed.

The recommended way to do this is to convert the source "string" to UTF-8
and then compute the hash, secure digest, whatever. This is the way to
ensure you get the same results from the Smalltalk image as you do from the
operating system command line for the same string.