[Glass] Seaside applications and System writeLock:

Trussardi Dario Romano via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Mar 7 09:21:55 PST 2018

Ciao,

> 	i have a Seaside application and i used		 writeLock: 	to manage transaction conflicts on specific objectA.
>
> 	If the code in first session get  a	 writeLock:   objectA
>
> 	and before commitTransaction		  another  session  get  the		 writeLock: 	 on the same objectA
>
> 	how does the system behave?
>
> 		The last writeLock:  		how it behaves?
>
> 		It resubmit the request   for  some time?  how many times?
>
> 	How the Seaside framework manage this problematic?

	I have googled but i don't found an example how to manage the lock into Seaside.

	I understand that the ability to manage the lock is completely depending on my code,

	 and that Seaside does not implement anything about it ( only beginTransaction and commitTransaction )

	It's right?

	But for example when i need to get a 	readLock:    as i read  in the GS64 Program guide:

	System readLock: anObject
        ifDenied: []

	ifChanged: [System abortTransaction]

	what i can do?

	In the ifDenied block i can loop for some time or many time,

	waiting for the other sessions answer and do the automatic Seaside commitTransaction.

	But for ifChanged block  what i can do?

	The:	 System abortTransaction		 is not a valid code,   it's right?

	And for writeLock:   ?

	If i have two session,     sessionA  manage in sequence the  writeLock:   for object1 and object2

	and session B manage in sequence the  writeLock:   for object2 and object1

	the system is deadlocks ?

	Thanks for any considerations, reference......

	Dario