[Glass] GBS for VA session connection data from a GsDevKit stone?

Martin McClure via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Nov 13 10:01:59 PST 2018

On 11/13/2018 08:55 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> My GsDevKit created stone .topazini is like this:
>
>  ❯ cat .topazini
>
> SET GEMSTONE gs_342
> set user DataCurator
> set password swordfish
> # uncomment the following line before attempting to login using RPC gems
>  set gemnetid !tcp at vm-mint64#netldi:gs_342_ldi#task!gemnetobject
>

> I am trying to fill the attached UI for GBS for VA but I am not being
> able to figure out the correct values for "GemStone name" and "Gem
> Service". As usual, I have problems with the NRS hahaha.
>
> Any clue on how those 2 should be?

The "GemStone Name" is just the name of the stone, unless you're running
the stone on a different host than the gem.

The "Gem Service" is exactly the gemnetid from Topaz. I would simplify
your topaz example to "!@vm-mint64#netldi:gs_342_ldi!gemnetobject", IIRC
the other things are all default.

On 11/13/2018 09:34 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass wrote:
> But anyway, where do I specify the netldi/port in that UI window? And
> the host IP??

In the "Gem Service" NRS, you can use a port number instead of a service
name, i.e. "!@vm-mint64#netldi:41625!gemnetobject".

As for the IP address of the gem host, you should be able to use the
name if it resolves from the client host. If it does not resolve,
putting an IP address instead of a name probably works, though I've
never tried that. Like "!@10.27.42.12#netldi:41625!gemnetobject"

-Martin