[Glass] GsDevKit can't connect to local stone

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Oct 8 09:34:17 PDT 2018

On 10/07/2018 02:39 PM, Jupiter Jones via Glass wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I updated GsDevKit by completely deleting my local installation and installing from fresh.
>
> Now when I create a new stone I get the error:
>
> Error: Unable to create a session, check netldi and gem log files.
> NetLDI service 'myNation_ldi' not found on node 'puppy' port 50378 :
> connect(13,192.168.1.113,port=50378) failed with errno=22,EINVAL, Invalid argument (programmer error) For further information about login failures, check the gem log file
>
> The netldi process is definitely running and netstat confirms it’s listening on 50378 (as it should be from /etc/services) and the only indication in the netldi.log is:
>
> EOF during readData, client may be using old version of libgci library.
I think I'd like to see the output of the $GS_HOME/bin/stones script for
your machine ...

It seems that the problem is with the setup/processes on your mac. Can
you connect to the stone using tODE ... there is a Client>Test Login>...
menu item that might provide some additional useful information if you
get an error during login ...

Also a `ps -efw` (or equvalent on mac)  ... I am wondering if there were
some processes left around when you deleted you GsDevKit installation ...