[Glass] Restore 3.1.0.6 backup

Trussardi Dario Romano via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 31 11:30:29 PDT 2018

Ciao Dale,

	sorry but I had a problem on a server.

	 I was able to verify the restore on an old system and everything worked.

	 Do not ask me the details ( now ) but I think everything ( the origin GLASS where i do the backup -  and the Target GLASS where i restore  the data )

	 refers to the old gsDevKitHome environment.

> Dario,
>
> You may have run into a memory manager bug that has been fixed in later versions of GemStone ... you might try using a larger TOC to avoid the bug:
>
> GEM_TEMPOBJ_CACHE_SIZE=200000;
	In which file ( path ) should I set this parameter?

	Keep in mind that the problems about restore 	 I had on a system where I have the GsDevKit_home environment

	Then: 	the origin GLASS where i do the backup is based on gsDevKitHome

			the target where i do the restore is based on gsDevKit_Home

> let me know if that works,
>
> Dale
>
> On 10/30/2018 02:11 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>> Okay you're getting a SigSegv during scavenge and that is what is killing the gem ... I'm having the gem log file analyzed to see what else we can learn.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> On 10/30/2018 12:51 PM, Trussardi Dario Romano via Glass wrote:
>>> Dale,

>>> 	I do this command  in the system where i restored the data ( Where the system is "unstable" after the SystemRepository restoreFromBackup: ..... )

>>> The system answer the following error:
>>>
>>> 		a InternalError occurred ( error 2261 ) , The object with object ID remoteNil is corrupt.
>>>
>>> 		Reason 'store past end'
>>>
>>> 	I press the Abort for some time.
>>>
>>> 	After 60 seconds the Ubuntu system open a window :
>>>
>>> 		" The application		 gem		 has closed unexpectedly "
>>>

>>> 	The system is running with 86% of memory (of  8GB )	 and  Swap at 81% ( of 8GB )
>>>
>>> 	The tode shell report :		GciSessionNotLoggedInError: Session no longer logged in
>>>
>>> 	The recent gem log file is:
>>>

>>> 	I need to restart the system ?
>>>
>>> 	Now when i do the tode shell		ws 	command  i have:
>>>

>>> 			a error dialog and do some click on the Abort  button the tode shell report after 50 seconds:
>>>
>>> 					GciSessionNotLoggedInError: Session no longer logged in.
>>>
>>> 	Dario

	What do you mean?

	If I have Seaside and other git repository, how should I behave?

	In the origin GLASS where i do the backup,  is based on gsDevKitHome,

		 but i don't have any git entry about my repository.

	If I remember correctly I managed ( at begin 2015 ) everything with GemTools and the Monticello Package.

	This morning when, via remote tode, I gave the project list command I got the following result.

	Thanks,

		Dario