[Glass] Ubuntu 18.04 subsystem under Windows 10 and Gemstone/S

Pierce Ng via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Sep 21 18:06:24 PDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 04:36:18PM -0700, Dale Henrichs via Glass wrote:
> There is a pending pull request for 18.04 support for GsDevKit_home[1] ...
> do you have the exact errors that are occurring? Always helps to have the
> detailed error information ...
> [1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/pull/216

I can confirm that GsDevKit_home works on Ubuntu 18.04. I installed and
have it running on my laptop earlier this week, by making the same
change referenced in the pull. (I realize Marten is talking about Ubuntu
on Windows 10 Linux...)

> the 32 bit library install is required for Pharo and the that is the fallout
> for not having 18.04 in the scripts ...

createClient works for Pharo 3. Failed for Pharo 5 and 6, because #close
was sent to FileReference which resulted in DNU. Didn't try for Pharo 4.
I've opened issue #219.

Pierce