[Glass] GsFile>>contentsAndTypesOfDirectory: dirSpec onClient: onClient - German Umlauts

Richard Sargent via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Sep 27 09:51:23 PDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 9:30 AM, Dale Henrichs via Glass <

> Marten,
>
> Thanks for submitting an HR ... you will always get quicker service if you
> go that route:)
>
> For the benefit of the others on this list the issue is being tracked with
> internal bug 46894 "GsFile>>contentsAndTypesOfDirectory:onClient: not
> sensitive to StringConfiguration" and has been fixed in 3.3.7 and 3.4.

I would argue that the changes in 3.3.7 aren't really a proper fix. That
particular change broke the contract of the methods value set. The prior
value set was alternating Strings and Booleans (path string and file vs
directory Boolean). The value set from 3.3.7 has added Utf8 as an alternate
to String, but Utf8 is NOT a subclass of CharacterCollection. This means
special handing and analysis of the result is required. In my opinion, a
Unicode* would have been the correct answer (Unicode7, Unicode16, or
Unicode32).

So, if using 3.3.7 or 3.3.8, be careful of the results from this method and
its senders.

Dale