[Glass] Investigating the growth and garbage of a gemstone db

Johan Brichau johan at yesplan.be
Fri Mar 22 08:11:18 PDT 2019

Hi,

If I want to get a better understanding which objects make up the set of ‘objects to be collected’ after an MFC, is there a way to do that?
Is there a way to get a handle on those objects or know how many of which class there are, etc?

Also, more generally, I would want to investigate the growth and contents of a gemstone database.
Trying to understand which objects are gc’ed at every MFC cycle is part of that, but I’m interested to know how to best get a view on what’s in the database without doing a ‘allClasses collect: #allInstances’ ;)

I’m a bit fuzzy… but that’s also because I’m mostly wondering how to best approach this and what strategies already exist.

Thx
Johan