[Glass] Duplicate classes in `browse class MyClass` results?

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Thu May 9 14:40:21 PDT 2019

On 5/9/19 10:21 AM, PAUL DEBRUICKER via Glass wrote:
> Hi -
>
> This is after a
>
> GsDeployer cleanClassHistory
>
> in a 3.3.1 stone, on Ubuntu 18.04.
>

> Its the first time I've seen it but the search result pane shows
>
> MyClass
> 	MySubClassA
> 	MySubClassB
> MyClass {1848835841}
> 	MySubClassC
> 	MySubClassD
>
> All the subclasses should be subclasses of MyClass
>

> How did I get here and how do I fix it?

Paul,

It looks like you figured out how to fix it ... You got there, because
you created a new class version of MyClass ... presumably there was an
error (or something) that prevented the creation of new class versions
for MySubClassC and MySubClassD.

The class MyClass {1848835841} indicates that this version of MyClass
isn't in the class history of MyClass (which would have happened after
you cleaned the class history) and cannot be found by a lookup in you
your symbol list ... prior to the cleaning of class history, I would
have expected to see this in the search results pane:

MyClass[2]
	MySubClassA
	MySubClassB
MyClass [1]
	MySubClassC
	MySubClassD

You might want to check that all of the expected methods are present  in
MySubClassC and MySubClassD ... I assume that a method compile error
caused the recompilation process to halt in the middle ...