[Glass] Issue #260: eliminate reliance on 32 bit devKitCommanLine image -- call for volunteers

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Mon Nov 4 10:31:55 PST 2019

On 11/4/19 9:52 AM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now i'm in the same page as Jupiter.
>
> There were some errors with variables but it was because i defined variables
> with export command rather than in .profile file (in Ubuntu) and it seems
> scripts has no knowledge of shell variables.

So you had to hand edit things? The script should have defined all of
the needed env vars in custom_stone.env and other than $GS_HOME you
shouldn't have to mess with .profile files ... which env vars did you
define in .profile files?

> No i get "realpath: command not found".

... and this is the edit that I (thought) I had asked Jupiter to make ...

I was busy with family (my birthday:) over the weekend, so I apologize
for not getting involved earlier ....  I appreciate the fact that you
and Jupiter took the time to figure things out ....

I'm kinda concerned that without making changes to the README and
scripts, the next person to try will also fail, so any of the manual
steps that both you and Jupiter took need to be addressed ...

AFAICT, there are two errors

 1. realpath on Mac --- are you running on a Mac or a LInux box or ???
 2.   the unconditional `updateGsDevKit -gdtcs` ... which is only needed
    if you are going to do development in an existing GsDevKit_home
    installation ...

I'm developing on Linux, so realpath was not a problem (Jupiter do you
have a fix, or are you waiting for me to patch the problem) ... and I
skipped the `updateGsDevKit -gdtcs` step when I was doing my testing
(without trying the full process on a virgin clone) and things ran
smoothly for me ...

Sooo if there are other problems I guess I need to be able to reproduce
them in my environment so that I can figure out what needs to be fixed ...

Also we should probably take this discussion over to the issue_260
discussion list[1]

Dale

[1] https://github.com/orgs/GsDevKit/teams/issue_260