[Glass] GsDevKit_home users beware of XFS file systems

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Tue Apr 14 14:45:34 PDT 2020

Today, we were running some GsDevKit_home tests on an Ubuntu 18.04
system and discovered that we couldn't launch Pharo3.0, getting the
following error message:

    capella:test>./pharo
    could not find module vm-display-null
    ./pharo: line 11: 13069 Aborted                 (core dumped) "$DIR"/"pharo-vm/pharo" --nodisplay "$@"
    capella:test>

after much gnashing of teeth and tearing of hair, we found that the
volume we were running the tests on was using an XFS file system ... I
don't think that I've seen nor heard of this failure in the wild, but it
is worth noting, if only to save much gnashing of teeth and tearing of hair.