[Glass] Time and System millisecondsToRun

Smalltalk at JGFoster.net Smalltalk at JGFoster.net
Thu Aug 27 14:59:22 PDT 2020

Time class>>millisecondsElapsedTime: is measuring elapsed (“wall clock”) time, including time that other processes are running and the process is waiting for I/O or other tasks to finish. There is no method #millisecondsToRun: in Time.

System is measuring CPU time used by the process, excluding time waiting for semaphores.