[Glass] _hasIndexes usage

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Fri Jun 5 13:28:28 PDT 2020

Bruno,

The leading _ does indicate that the method is intended for GS internal
use only ... we do not guarantee that _ methods will be present in
future versions of the product ... with that said, I don't think there
are any plans to remove the selector in the future, but I can't make any
promises:)

Sending #indexSpec to an UnorderedCollection will return an empty index
spec if there are no indexes on the collection. So `coll indexSpec specs
isEmpty` is probably the best route for the long term. And one could
argue that we should implement isEmpty in GsIndexSpec ... One could also
argue that we should implement a public hasIndexes.

To help with these arguments, what is your use case for needing _hasIndexes?

Dale