[Glass] Rowan installation

Otto Behrens otto at finworks.biz
Sat May 1 22:24:01 PDT 2021

Thanks for the update, Dale.

I am starting with upgrading to GS 3.6.1. We sometimes use Jade with GS
3.4.1 and I could not log in with Jade (it appears to stop at 3.5.0). So, I
looked around and found https://github.com/GemTalk/Jadeite and there it
tells me that I need a Rowan enabled GS to use it. So I gave the most
recent version a try because I was under the impression I need it for 3.6.1
and Jadeite.

It is a pity the stuff does not work. We just need something (a bit easier
to use) than topaz to browse code and debug.

You ship a version of Rowan with the 3.6.1 installation, which I did not
try because the "installRowan" or "install_Rowan" or whatever files seem to
be different to the more recent ones.

What is strange is that you don't pre-install Rowan in your extent0 /
extent0.seaside, but the upgradeImage.topaz script installs Rowan. What
does that mean? If I upgrade our GS databases I have some version of Rowan
installed, but it does not install when I just start from extent0? Just
confusing.

Sorry, I really can't spend time now on "Rowan in this rough state". I have
to upgrade GS to a newer version, which is painful enough.

Regards