[Glass] Missing methods in PluggableSet?

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Thu Nov 11 13:11:29 PST 2021

Jupiter,

Yeah, it looks like this is an interesting run ... in a standard tODE
image, Collection>>groupedBy: is in the GsPharo-Core package that is in
http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/PharoCompat ...

However, there is a GsDevKit/PharoCompatibility project that you may or may
not have loaded ... If you haven't loaded it, then I suggest that you load
it and determine if the bug exists there as well and if so, then at least
it should be a bit more obvious how to fix the issue. so I assume you
haven't loaded it ...

If you look at the GitHub CI runs[2], you will see that the project needs
some TLC as well. I created the github actions CI 5 months ago and it seems
that it hasn't been passing for a LONG time (there is a bug from 2017[3]
and a bug from 5 months ago[4]) ...  Frankly in cases where CI tests have
been failing for a significant length of time and no one has noticed but
me, I have a hard time justifying any time spent keeping the unit tests
running (as I have done with a number of the heavily used projects)  ...

Since you are complaining now, I have made a note to add the repository to
those that are tested internally before doing a GemStone Release ... I try
to make sure that the heavily used projects are tested BEFORE we make a
release, to avoid a mad dash of bug fixing on the day we release a product.
Also in some cases the bug is "in the product" and it is useful to be able
to fix internal errors before the release.

With that said, it would be helpful if you took a look at the currently
failing tests and got the whole shebang to pass while addressing your
specific issue ... and at this point in time, I would restrict the list of
tested versions to: GemStone64-3.6.2, GemStone64-3.6.1, GemStone64-3.6.0,
GemStone64-3.5.7,  and GemStone64-3.4.5 ...

If you open up an issue, we can discuss things in more detail ... I see
that PluggableSet has no methods, so it is likely that issue you are seeing
exists for Set and other UnorderedCollections. It looks
like GsPharoCollectionTests>>testGroupedByHaving is only testing against
Array ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/PharoCompatibility
[2] https://github.com/GsDevKit/PharoCompatibility/actions/runs/1433022813
[3] https://github.com/GsDevKit/PharoCompatibility/issues/8
[4] https://github.com/GsDevKit/PharoCompatibility/issues/12

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 11:54 AM Jupiter Jones via Glass <