[Glass] Temporary object memory and C heap

bruno buzzi brassesco smalltalk at adinet.com.uy
Mon Oct 3 07:33:17 PDT 2022

Hi,

And I have doubt about GEM temporary object memory from a C point of
view (each Gem is a C program).
Is the Gem "temporary object memory" allocated in the C heap ? (I think
yes but ...)

The confusion come from that from Prg manual "GsBitmaps do not used
temporary object memory", but they use "C Heap memory".

Maybe the manual differentiate  GEM temporary object memory and C Heap
to make a difference between exclusively Smalltalk memory and non
Smalltalk memory (but both are C Heap memory).

regards bruno

PS: anyone from GemTalk is going to FAST next month ?