[Glass] autocomplete functionality with Gemstone 3.6 indexes

Masashi UMEZAWA masashi.umezawa at gmail.com
Fri May 24 05:39:07 PDT 2024

Hello,

I've once developed a Meilisearch client for GemStone/S.
https://github.com/mumez/Meilisearch.st

Mailiseach supports prefix search, so it can be used for autocompletion.
https://www.meilisearch.com/docs/learn/advanced/prefix

The downside is that you need to add another index for the text search.

Best regards,

2024年5月22日(水) 8:35 Paul DeBruicker via Glass <glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com>:

> Hi -
>
> I've got a collection of 1.7 million people and want to search them by
> name (first/last in any order), preferably similarly to the autocomplete
> functionality we're all accustomed to.
>

> Is there a way to do that with the help of GemStone indexes from 3.6.4?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

[:masashi | ^umezawa]