[GemStone-Smalltalk] instance of ObsoleteTimeZone2 class in upgraded repository

James Foster smalltalk at jgfoster.net
Sun Feb 20 10:11:41 PST 2022

Johan,

This should be fine. See (Globals at: #'ObsoleteClasses') for other obsolete classes. Basically, this occurs when a change is made to a class definition and the old definition should be kept around but not immediately available:

topaz 1> run
((Globals at: #'ObsoleteClasses') at: #'ObsoleteTimeZone2') definition
%
TimeZoneInfo subclass: 'ObsoleteTimeZone2'
  instVarNames: #( standardPrintString dstPrintString dstStartTimeList
                    dstEndTimeList)
  classVars: #()
  classInstVars: #()
  poolDictionaries: #()
  inDictionary: Globals

topaz 1> run
TimeZone definition
%
TimeZoneInfo subclass: 'TimeZone'
  instVarNames: #( standardPrintString dstPrintString dstStartTimeList
                    dstEndTimeList secondsForDst secondsFromGmt yearStartDst)
  classVars: #()
  classInstVars: #()
  poolDictionaries: #()
  inDictionary: Globals