[GemStone-Smalltalk] VAST12 64 bit Platform Client support on Windows 11

Gareth Cox gareth at inspired.org
Tue Feb 27 04:23:25 PST 2024

Hi All

I've got VAST 12 on windows (64 bit) and was curious if I could get it
to connect to gemstone (running on a raspberry pi).
Topaz (on windows) connects to the gemstone server no problem.
VAST12 won't load the libraries. This is most likely because the 64 bit
dll provided is for visual works and the only VAST libraries are 32bit.
Will there be a VAST 64 bit windows client library coming soon?

(On a similar note, the documentation lists 3 files that need to be
copied, but only two are available. The third is the vc runtime stuff.
Presume I must find those elsewhere?)

KR

--
Gareth Cox