[Glass] Rowan, Metacello, and things

Jupiter Jones jupiter.jones at mail.com
Tue Jan 30 01:54:50 PST 2024

Hi all,

Are there any docs for working with Rowan that explain the why’s and how’s?  I’m finding it hard to “get”, and to work out how I would start a new project with rowan.

Also, what the difference between an extent0.dbf and the rowan and seaside versions?

I’m ask because I want to setup a base stone with rowan (to understand and migrate to), that also has seaside, Jadeite (for development) and gt4gemstone (for documentation, reports and ad-hoc scripts) plus a bunch of other things that can be loaded with Metacello.

But, having been kinda spoilt with the customisable setup of tODE, and now losing it to upgraded hardware, I’m now feeling quite lost and no longer in control of my GemStone projects :)

I’m hoping that arm64 support, plus properly understanding Rowan, and being able to pull/load/edit/save/push/update git projects with both rowan/metacello (hopefully using Jadeite) will get me feeling a little more comfortable again.

FYI - we do all design and development on MacOS and deploy demo’s to AWS and are hoping that we can also deploy to raspberry pi for disconnected events and private networks… especially now pi supports much faster storage.

Thanks for any advice, or setup/usage stories, anyone can offer.

Cheers,

Jupiter