[GemStone-Smalltalk] How to configure GS/S 6.1.2 through a firewall (blast from the past)

Normand Mongeau nmongeau at videotron.ca
Tue Feb 25 10:41:18 PST 2014

Gslist –c –v –l shows this :

C:\GemStone61\bin>gslist -c -v -l

Status   Version      Owner      Pid   Port   Started     Type  Name

-------- --------- ------------- ----- ----- ------------ ------ ----

running  6.1.2     SYSTEM         3408 10088 Feb 25 09:09 Netldi netldi61

  OK     6.1.2     SYSTEM         3696  1260 Feb 25 09:08 cache
icp1 at phatboy

running  6.1.2     SYSTEM         3588  1270 Feb 25 09:08 Stone  icp1

I set the environment variable through the Windows GUI (computer
properties). It has worked since gslist no longer reports processes as being
killed.

And login with Topaz works fine. Everything works fine, except trying to
connect using the WAN address instead of the LAN address. Even in my IDE
(VA), I can connect using the GemStone Session Browser via the LAN address,
but not the WAN address.