[GemStone-Smalltalk] Gemstone/s not starting on Solaris 10

abhishekb1512 abhishekb1512 at gmail.com
Mon May 5 01:03:13 PDT 2014

I'm Assuming the support contract was not renewed ? Cost benefit Analysis of
some sort. Well, the suites dont wanna spend cash on old tech, The geeks
don't know how to tell them the opposite is true.

Anyway we also have an old solaris 5.8 system where Gemstone is working
perfectly. Our aim was to mimic the files and other data in the .profile ,
basically copy all files from server to server. Then we tried to install
gemstone via the installgs script.  This is where we are stuck now.

Can we simply compare the gemstone configuration files on both the servers
to proceed ?