[GemStone-Smalltalk] Unable to start GemStone on macOS 10.13 High Sierra

James Foster via GemStone-Smalltalk gemstone-smalltalk at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Oct 3 15:15:24 PDT 2017

According to Apple, "When you install macOS High Sierra on the Mac volume of a solid-state drive (SSD) or other all-flash storage device, that volume is automatically converted to APFS." --https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208018 <https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208018>
Note that this is not a problem for non-SSD drives, so the problem is not as wide-spread as I first thought. Also, as a workaround, you can set the following in the stone config file:
  STN_ALLOW_NFS_EXTENTS=TRUE;
Watch the release notes for an eventual fix.

James Foster