[GemStone-Smalltalk] Problems starting my stone.

ian ian at icjohnson.com
Mon Oct 21 08:11:47 PDT 2019

I am getting this again on a fresh install.  Not sure why.  On createStone
the process doesn't complete with FATAL ERRORS.

with set -x written to the stopStone script on line 11 I stop and try to
start the stone as seen here:

ian at desktop:~/Apps/Gemstone/GsDevKit_home$ startStone devKit_343
=================
   GsDevKit script: startStone devKit_343
              path: /home/ian/Apps/Gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/startStone
=================
/home/ian/Apps/Gemstone/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/devKit_343/product/bin/waitstone[Info]:
GemStone version '3.4.3'
waitstone[Error]: Network service
!#dir:/home/ian/Apps/Gemstone/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/devKit_343/logs#log:%N%P.log#server!devKit_343
is in startup.

Starting stone: devKit_343
HostAllocateFromReservedMemory: mmap() failed, address 0x7f776efe8000, size
65536, errno 1
  Operation not permitted

|       !!! FATAL ERRORS IN GemStone CONFIGURATION FILES !!!         |
| Syntax errors, or values that are out of range are listed above,   |
| preceding the summary of non-default values.                       |
| Also check your configuration files for proper location and        |
| and values.  Consult your System Administrator's Guide             |
| for more information.                                              |
startstone[Info]: GemStone version '3.4.3'
startstone[Info]: Server 'devKit_343' is already running.

...finished :: startStone devKit_343
ian at desktop:~/Apps/Gemstone/GsDevKit_home$ stopStone devKit_343
=================
   GsDevKit script: stopStone devKit_343
              path: /home/ian/Apps/Gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/stopStone
=================

HostAllocateFromReservedMemory: mmap() failed, address 0x7fcdb3a80000, size
65536, errno 1
  Operation not permitted

|       !!! FATAL ERRORS IN GemStone CONFIGURATION FILES !!!         |
| Syntax errors, or values that are out of range are listed above,   |
| preceding the summary of non-default values.                       |
| Also check your configuration files for proper location and        |
| and values.  Consult your System Administrator's Guide             |
| for more information.                                              |

...finished :: stopStone devKit_343
ian at desktop:~/Apps/Gemstone/GsDevKit_home$

And I am pooched.

Any help would be great...

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Gemstone-S-f1461796.html