[Glass] [3.1.0.4] WAGemStoneRunSmalltalkServer

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Fri Aug 9 08:19:34 PDT 2013

Sebastian,

Sorry for not getting to you sooner .. I haven't really been using Zinc for anything other than running tests, so I'm not the best resource...

I looked at your log and it looks like you are using the multi-threaded Zinc server?

I am suspicious that the multi-threaded server is quite correctly ported to GemStone. Note that wehen you run the tests, there a whole bunch of threads hanging around[1].

The single threaded server seems to behave much better ... at least in tests ...

Not sure what folks are using in there Zinc installations ... I assume that the Seaside adaptor for Zinc uses the single threaded model, because we only run one request at a time in gem for transactional reasons ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/glassdb/zinc/issues/42