[Glass] [3.1.0.4] WAGemStoneRunSmalltalkServer

Sebastian Heidbrink sebastian_heidbrink at yahoo.de
Fri Aug 9 08:51:17 PDT 2013

Hi Dale,

I tried it and I get the same result....

Meanwhile I realized that my script only works if I commit my
transaction prior to starting the gem like this:

"
WAGemStoneRunSmalltalkServer addServerOfClass: ZnServer withName:
'myserver' on: #(9001).
.... commit the transaction ...
WAGemStoneRunSmalltalkServer startGems: (WAGemStoneRunSmalltalkServer
serverNamed: 'myserver').
"

Otherwise the (WAGemStoneRunSmalltalkServer  serverNamed: 'myserver') is
nil in WAGemStoneRunSmalltalkServer startServer: serverName On: portInteger.

Since the remote debugging does not work with the currently delivered
runSmalltalkerver scriptsfor 3.1.0.4 I have to work with "halt" and
looking into the logs.

I already tried to change the script this way: see attached

It seems the listenloop is running, but I never end up in
"handleRequest" :-/

Sebastian