[Glass] Updating Zinc for Gemstone

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Mon Dec 2 21:11:45 PST 2013

Johan,

I checked out the commit that was right before the one where you fixed the issue.

It looks like JQuery-Tests-Core is the culprit (at least this was the first one to fail in tODE)... In GemTools I had to open a repository browser and click on the package name in the left pane and then click on the package version in the right pane ... and boom...

This does happen to be the same repository that I've got tODE loaded in and the error is coming from the most recent version of FileTree (github://dalehenrich/filetree:gemstone2.4/repository)...

You get a pretty good error message with the character offset into the file:

  a ArgumentError occurred (error 2718), string contents are ill-formed Utf8 at byte offset 2714, (name 'JQuery-Tests-Core-pmm.138' message '- portability' id '191175d4-1291-4715-9431-4e0a0ba69f0a' date '09/13/2013' time '10:56:50' author 'pmm' ancestors ((name 'JQuery-Tests-Core-pmm.137' message ......

As to why you haven't seen the problem in your image, according to the version file history[1] the package was brought into the Seaside31 repo on September 29th and the bug was fixed 6 months ago, so the most likely explanation is that the version of FileTree is/was old, but it isn't necessarily too far-fetched that FilTree hasn't been updated form the version that shipped with the 3.1.0.x release (which was old). Looks like a Metacello baseline load will update the version of FileTree...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/glassdb/Seaside31/commits/master/repository/JQuery-Tests-Core.package/monticello.meta/version
[2] https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/issues/72