[Glass] loading seaside and zinc

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 05:55:52 PST 2013

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 6:54 AM, Johan Brichau <johan at yesplan.be> wrote:

> On 16 Nov 2013, at 00:07, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > BTW...with your magic lines to start Swazoo...that doens't block!! It
> works perfect. Why it doesn't block that one while Zinc does?  It open
> another gem or something?
>
> No magic and not mine :-) Just gemstone multi-vm.
> So yes, it actually invokes the command-line scripts that start other
> topaz processes where the blocking call to the adaptor happens.
> You can take a look at the startSeaside30Adaptor script in the
> $gemstone/product/seaside/bin directory

OK. I took a look to the scripts and I still don't understand why the
following code doesn't work. I am trying to run 3 gems for FastCGI and 1
gem for swazoo, both none blocking (that is, I want to open separate gems
for them):

WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems default
        name: 'Swazoo';
        adaptorClass: WAGsSwazooAdaptor;
        ports: #(5858).
WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems restartGems.

WAFastCGIAdaptor stop.
WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems default
        name: 'FastCGI';
        adaptorClass: WAFastCGIAdaptor;
        ports: #(9001 9002 9003).
WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems restartGems.

At the end, I either get 4 gems all with FastCGI or all with Swazoo. What I
don't get is that I change the default instance information, so I don't get
why the second #restartGems would affect the first one.

Log is

---restart Seaside gems (12/05/2013 05:49:55)
Restarting Gems...
Stopping Gems...
   Stopping Swazoo topaz PID 72543 running on port 5858
   Stopping maintenance gem PID 72544
Starting Gems....
Starting Swazoo gem on port 5858
Starting maintenance gem

---Finished Seaside gems restart (12/05/2013 05:49:58)
---restart Seaside gems (12/05/2013 05:49:58)
Restarting Gems...
Stopping Gems...
   Stopping FastCGI topaz PID 72523 running on port 9001
   Stopping FastCGI topaz PID 72525 running on port 9002
   Stopping FastCGI topaz PID 72527 running on port 9003
   Stopping maintenance gem PID 72567
Starting Gems....
Starting FastCGI gem on port 9001
Starting FastCGI gem on port 9002
Starting FastCGI gem on port 9003
Starting maintenance gem

---Finished Seaside gems restart (12/05/2013 05:50:00)

Thanks!