[Glass] loading seaside and zinc

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 06:14:35 PST 2013

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Dale K. Henrichs <
dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> Mariano,
>
> It's been awhile since I worked on the WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems class, but
> I see that you are expecting both Swazoo and FastCGI gems to be running
> concurrently and I don't think that class was designed for such a use case
>
> From what I recall, it's an either/or type of setup where you manage a set
> of FastCGI gems _or_ a set of Swazoo gems not both, so I guess I'm not
> surprised that things aren't quite working correctly ...

OK, yes, I have the same thoughts. Ok, I will see if I can refactor it a
bit to make it work.
My usecase is this: I use FastCGI for real, I have nginx as frontend and
doing the upstream to GemStone. That is under HTTPS managed by nginx and
that the open port from the outside.
 But sometimes, I want to debug if there is a problem in the nginx
configuration or in fastCGI etc... So I want to also be running a Swazoo in
a port (not opened in the firewall) so that then I can ssh and tunnel it
from my machine to test it.

> BTW, my read of that script would leave a swazoo gem running, but
> unmanaged (i.e., once you switched to the WAFastCGIAdaptor,
> WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems forgets about the WAGsSwazooAdaptor) ...
>
> With tODE I plan to change the way that Seaside gems are managed ...
> something along the lines of the SeasideBrowser(?) for Pharo...

SeasideBrowser? what's that?