[Glass] Debugging in GemTools and "undefined symbol"

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 08:02:47 PST 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Dale K. Henrichs <
dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> ------------------------------

Actually is neither temps or instance variables. The only thing I seem to
have access to is "self".

> were not made available in the GemTools debugger ... our compiler is
> written in C and does not have as many entry points as the Pharo compiler
> so "faking a method context" when doing evaluation within debugger frame
> could be a bit difficult to accomplish ... then again, I might not have
> been smart enough when I wrote the debugger chunk ...

I can imagine the difficulties, that's why I asked ;)

OK, so at least you confirm the limitations and I am not doing something
wrong.

> I haven't added menus to the text windows yet in tODE, but now that you've
> mentioned this I will take a closer look at making this happen in tODE ...

I don't know what you mean by "added menus to the text windows".
For me, there most important thing from GemTools is the ability to debug a
problem from the ObjectLog. So..that's why I would like the most from tODE:
the debugger.

Thanks!