[Glass] Is it possible to explore/inspect objects from seaside callbacks in GemTools?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 11:59:09 PST 2013

Hi guys,

If I understand correctly, I can, for example, print to transcript from a
seaside callback. If I have a GemTools connected, then I am supposed to see
the string in the transcript, right?
First..can I confirm that this only work if the both seaside and gemtools
are running with the same gem?   If not...how does the GemTool gets
notified?  I know you use exception mechanism for this so maybe it is
related.

Finally, and this is my real question...I have gems running seaside in
which I have some buttons to ease development. These buttons send #inspect
or #explore to some objects in seaside callbacks. When I do that (having a
GemTools connected to the same GemStone), I get this error:

-----------

Internal Server Error:

a TransactionError occurred (error 2407), The object aSessionTemps(
#'GsHostRandomFile'->aGsFile,
#'GRGemStoneRandomProvider_MUTEX'->aTransientMutex,
#'SystemChangeNotifier_UniqueInstance'->aSystemChangeNotifier,
#'GsPackage_TransactionBoundary_Dict'->aSessionTemps(
#'SessionMethodChange'->1614, #'ClassChange'->6791),
#'Cached_Class_Organizer'->aCachingClassOrganizer,
#'GRGemStoneRandomProvider_GENERATOR'->aHostRandom,
#'GemToGemStaticException'->aGsExceptionHandler,
#'GsPackagePolicy_SessionMethodDictionary'->anIdentitySet( Array,
Association, Behavior, Boolean, Character, Class, Collection, Integer,
Magnitude, ObsoleteMetaclass, Number, Object, PositionableStream,
ReadStream, SequenceableCollection, SmallInteger, Stream, String,
UndefinedObject, ...), ...) may not be committed, 'instances of its class
are non-persistent'

You should contact the system administrator

So I guess this is expected right? there is no workaround?