[Glass] SIXX error read into Gemstone

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Mon Jul 1 21:51:34 PDT 2013

Dario,

I've taken a look at the tests and they are running clean on 3.1.0.4 except for two UTF8 related issues ... I don't think your error is related to UTF8 from the looks of the stack ... I'm still working on fixing the bug..

>From poking in the code, the formatter is used as an alternative to creating instances from classes, so in your particular case the SIXX was produced supplying a formatter ... knowing the name of the formatter and some information about the element that is being reified would probably help understand the error ...

The only places I've found that formatters are used is in tests:

  SixxFormatterTestCase>>testLiteralArrayReadWrite
  SixxFormatterTestCase>>testBagReadWrite

So perhaps you need to check the environment that produced your SIXX file and see if there are any fomatters produced ... senders of:

  SixxContext class>>applyFormatters:while:

Dale