[Glass] Zinc and REST on 3.1.0.X

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Tue Jul 2 13:41:29 PDT 2013

----- Original Message -----

| From: "Ken Treis" <ken at miriamtech.com>

The theory with GitHub is that we would issue pull requests against Sven's implementation with improvements like this ... then it would be up to Sven to accept the request, ask for changes, or decide not to include it ... Without critical mass, there isn't much incentive to move to github (despite the benefits) ... I'm hoping to move closer to critical mass by moving the GLASS environment to github:)

| Other than that, there are some streaming packages. We're using
| these, together with another hacked backport of WAComboRequest, to
| send results to the browser in chunks. There's no clean way to
| handle transaction failure when you're doing that, so we only use it
| in combination with an unlock and abort. Again, no need to merge
| those.
Okay, I'll be picky about what I merge into the Zinc gemstone3.1 branch and invite you to submit pull requests in the future when you find things that you think are worth sharing ...

| I also started to shuffle some code around to better match what Sven
| has done upstream, but I didn't get very far on that project either.
| Pesky deadlines...

Hmm, I think I will create a Ken branch to track all of your public changes and then cherry-pick the commits that make sense to the gemstone3.1 branch (Yes I will do a git commit per package version ... there aren't that many chagnes to deal with:)....