[Glass] Retry Gemstone - once again ...

itlists at schrievkrom.de itlists at schrievkrom.de
Fri Nov 1 07:56:32 PDT 2013

I have the chance to reevaluate GemStone for a demo in our software
company and several questions are still open:

-> the free version is limited to 2 cpus. Where is this limitation
viewable. Do all vm (gems) share two cpus or the stones or what ?

-> I need Http and REST - better without Seaside

I looked at https://github.com/glassdb/zinc/releases/tag/2.3.2_gs3.1,
but there one can read, that GLASS 1.0 beta.9 is needed for that. But
this beta.9 is not available .

Then to install Zinc one needs Metacello -> but how is this done in
GemTools ?

  Metacello  new
       baseline:  'Zinc';
       repository:  'github://glassdb/zinc:2.3.2_gs3.1/repository';
       load:  'Tests'.

How can I load this ...

Marten